Winter, for many of us, means getting the best jacket money can buy to stay warm. This article gives you information on heated jackets review: men & women. But even the most efficient of jackets are not often good enough to fight the cold. And if you are someone who goes outside a lot for work or recreational purpose, casual winter clothing might not save you from the freezing weather. Fortunately, you can now purchase heated jackets. These are basically battery-powered jackets to keep your upper body warm and protected all through the day.
Heated jackets look and fit like your regular jackets. Except that heated jackets have internal heating panels that run on a rechargeable battery. These heating elements or panels send warmth to the major parts of your torso and keeps the rest of your body warm. Even some brands come heated pockets for your hands.
I have searched the internet for some of the most popular heated jackets out there based on jacket features and customer reviews. Here a few I have found.
1. Ororo Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket with Detachable Hood and Battery Pack
Rating: 4.3 stars
Ororo is essentially a heated wear brand with a wide range of heated jackets. However, the Ororo Soft Shell design takes the cake for me for its durability.
One interesting thing about this softshell design is that you can wear it in a recreational or workplace setting.
With three carbon fiber heating panels placed in vital upper body areas (mid-back, left & right chest), the jacket is well designed. To effectively trap generated heat, the material is completely polyester and fitted with fleece linings.
Clicking a button, you can choose from three heating settings: high, medium, and low.
For more safety on windy and wet days, Ororo SoftShell jacket has a large removable hood.
It is also wind- and water-resistance, machine-washable, and good for the outdoors.
The 7.4V battery can last up to ten hours. And it can be charged with a USB charger. Designed with a USB port, you can charge mobile devices.
The jacket comes in two colors: black and blue.
- The long battery life is really a plus. Of course, nothing beats ten hours of warmth.
- The USB charge option also comes in handy for a quick charge.
- A removable hood protects your head from the cold.
- One major issue with the Ororo SoftShell is inaccurate sizing. If you are large-sized, you might need to order an extra-large.
- Not compatible with other battery models
2. Ororo Women’s Slim Fit Heated Jacket with Battery Pack and Detachable Hood
Style was taken into consideration in the making of Ororo Women’s Slim Fit Heated Jacket. Specially designed for women, the heated jack is slim-fitted as well as practical.
It comes with a polyester outer layer and fleece lining to protect your upper body from cold and keep body heat trapped. It also comes with a detachable hood and three carbon fiber panels located in core body areas.
The jacket’s incredibly slim-fitted design eliminates the need for unnecessary bulk while winter hiking or fishing. Water- and wind-resistant, its full battery can give you about 10 hours of warmth.
This lightweight jacket gives complete mobility with every activity you are undertaking. And it can even be worn casually to social events.
- Slim-fitted and stylish
- Versatile and social for outdoor activities like hiking and hunting
- Sizing is not consistent if you are ordering from across the pond. If you are large-sized, you should go for extra-large.
- Few pockets.
3. Bosch Men’s 12 Volt Heated Jacket Kit
Rating: 3.7 stars
Power tools and household appliances come to mind when you hear the company name “Bosch.”
Now Bosch has ventured into the heated jacket business and is now selling some heavy-duty designs as expected of an appliance company.
Bosch Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket looks similar to Ororo Soft Shell, but this heated jacket is durable and tougher.
Its zips and seams already spell durability. Though the material is 100% matte black polyester, it feels tougher than Ororo Soft Shell. This heated jacket is specially made for working as it is quite rain- and wind-resistant. It is fairly lightweight and comes with five large pockets in convenient positions.
I also like that you can adjust the cuffs with Velcro closures and the waist with a drawstring. This gives the heated jacket a fitted and customizable feel.
The color-coded heat settings (low-blue, medium-green, high-red) work with a click of the button and powers the three major heat zones (right chest, left chest, and back) in the upper body. Warming up in a matter of seconds.
The battery runtime is about 6 hours. It comes with a USB port to charge your mobile devices.
- Durability (while lightweight) is the major selling point of this jacket.
- The battery runtime is quite poor compared to other heated jackets available. Running for six hours, and that is at a low setting. So you would have to purchase more batteries.
- Not quite machine-washable. It’s recommended you hand-wash and line-dry.
- European sizing can be confusing if you’re American or Canadian.
4. Milwaukee Heated Jacket Kit
One major thing that sets Milwaukee Heated Jacket Kit apart from the rest is the exterior material: the stretch polyester (tough outer layer) is more durable than other materials and resistant to water and wind.
The fabric is highly insulated and keeps heat from escaping. So you will feel warm in harsh winter conditions.
My favorite feature of this heated jacket is the mobility supports which give the jacket more flexibility and comfort.
And asides the traditional three heating panels seen in many heated jackets, it has two heated pockets. These heated pockets are vital because you can keep your hand toasty in chilly weather.
The rechargeable battery’s runtime is about eight hours, which is a fairly reasonable runtime.
A neat factor about this jacket is its LED controller which lets you adjust the heat and pick which areas to warm.
I also like the wide range of color designs (black, camo, red, and grey) you can choose from.
- Heated pockets make this jacket special.
- The material is quite long-lasting and durable.
- No cons on this jacket so far.
5. Venture Soft Shell Heated Jacket
The Venture Softshell Heated Jacket is a lot like the Milwaukee Heated Jacket Kit but slightly cheaper and less durable. Also equipped with fleece lining and three heating panels that generate heat to the torso, you can expect 12 hours of run time at a low setting.
On the other hand, the wind- and water-resistant material comes with a loop for easy hanging and five pockets (zippered).
- You can use the removable battery as a power bank.
- Its fleece lining gives you enhanced comfort.
- The material is not tough enough for harsh winter conditions.
6. Dewalt DCHJO6OA Heated Soft Shell Jacket Kit
The DEWALT DCHJ060ABD1-2X Heated Soft Shell Jacket is an impressively durable jacket.
DEWALT is a power tool company so it’s not surprising to expect toughness in their heated jacket.
The selling point of this jacket is its tough woven outer material. The inner warm fleece lining keeps the body warm even when the heating panels are turned off.
Asides the traditional three heating panels found in the back and front of most heated jackets, this jacket comes with two more heating panels located in the upper arms. The heat is controlled with a button inside the jacket.
The jacket has four pockets and one pocket designed to carry around the 20-volt MAX battery. At a low setting, the battery’s runtime is 9 hours and comes with a charger and adapter. You can swap the battery with batteries on Dewalt tools.
- Durable and heavy-duty.
- You can interchange batteries with any Dewalt battery.
- The major online complaint about this jacket is that the battery drains fast—not living up to the advertised runtime.
7. Milwaukee Performance-Men’s Heated Hoodie
The Milwaukee Performance-Men’s Heated Hoodie is not a heated jacket but a heated hoodie. It is made for comfort and recreation, and suitable for motorcycling or jogging in mildly cold weather.
Although the hoodie has only two heating zones, it works with the same heated clothing technology. Heat is generated from a rechargeable battery. This battery can be charged with your bike.
Made with thick internal lining, an integrated hood, a waistband, and knitted cuffs, heat is effectively kept inside the hoodie.
The hoodie is of high quality; however, it is not recommended for tough working activities or harsh weather as it is not water-resistant.
- It is comfortable and lightweight.
- You can charge your battery while on your bike.
- The battery runtime of this hoodie is not specified.
- Not water-resistant.
8. Milwaukee Performance Women’s Heated Hoodie
The Milwaukee Performance Women’s Zipper Front Heated Hoodie is your perfect casual wear: flexible, soft and feminine. Its knit cotton shell design comes with a thermal liner, three heating zones, and a battery runtime of about 8 hours. The thermal liner is surprisingly warm and soft.
Available in gray and black, it comes in nine sizes for women.
Not like the baggy unisex hoodie on the market, the flex waistband and cuffs are well made.
The cotton hoodie is obviously not resistant to water. But on dry days, this lightweight, fitted hoodie is easier to wear than heavy waterproof jackets. Of course, you can wear this hoodie under your heavy jacket during harsh weather conditions.
- Made for women
- Comfortable, light and easy to wear
- Relatively affordable
- Not water-resistant
- Limited control with a simple off/on switch. You cannot adjust heat to your preference when you are feeling too cool or too warm.
9. ProSmart Men’s Heated Jacket
Prosmart Men’s Heated Jacket is a hoodless jacket, suitable for fall or spring weather.
It is a slightly cheaper option and works well if you are looking to experiment on your first heated jacket.
Available in five sizes to pick from, this lightweight, polyester jacket works better in fall or spring. For freezing weather, you would need a heavier and thicker jacket.
On the plus side, it is affordable, well-designed jacket and machine-washable.
The jacket comes with the traditional front and back heated zones as well as three heating levels, and an ultra-thin 12V battery. It also includes a wall charger
One solid asset of this jacket is the battery runtime. On a low setting, you can get about 12 hours of runtime. Heat-up time is quick too.
- The battery runtime is very impressive.
- The very thin battery reduces the jacket’s bulk.
- It is also relatively affordable.
- It comes with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- While the material is 100% polyester, it is not as durable as more expensive jackets.
- Not warm enough for harsh wintery weather.
10. Colcham Heated Men/Women Sweatshirt
This unisex COLCHAM electric sweatshirt is a break from the mold.
Designed explicitly for comfort and warmth, heat is evenly-distributed within the sweatshirt.
While it runs on a rechargeable battery, the sweatshirt is quite portable to carry inside your backpack.
- It is incredibly lightweight and fits the body
- Impressive battery runtime of 10 hours
- The jacket does not hold heat for long.
11. Conqueco Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket
This CONQUECO is quite stylish, comfortable and evenly distributes heat around your body.
Its softshell fabric makes it good for outdoor activities, and the jacket is lightweight for nice movement.
Waterproof and breathable, it is machine washable.
- It is machine-washable
- Quite durable
- Sizes are smaller than advertised.
12. Global Vasion Heated Vest Jacket for Men & Women
GLOBAL VASION heated jacket is made with a water-resistant fabric, fleece lining (plus a velvet inner-layer) and a detachable hood for proper warmth.
The rechargeable battery has a runtime of 10 hours and also capable of charging your mobile devices.
Like other heated jackets, it has three heat settings you can adjust to your preference.
The removable hood lets you lower the bulk and improve portability. And with zippered pockets (six) in this jacket, you have enough space to carry your personal items.
- The detachable hood improves the portability.
- Zippered pockets mean more space for your belongings.
- Zipper getting stuck on the fabric.
13. Venture Heat Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket
Venture Heated Jacket is fantastic for its durability and performance. With three flexible heating panels, heat distribution is quite good.
This hoodless jacket comes with zippered pockets and a stylish design.
- Gives you stylish comfort with its slim fit
- Sizes feel larger than expected.
14. Dewalt DCHJO74D1-L Real Tree Camouflage Heated Hoodie
This DeWalt Camo Heated Jacket is special for obvious reasons. Its Camo cotton/polyester shell gives that hunting feel.
It has three heating zones with a battery pocket that accepts a 20-volt lithium battery that improves heat up to 25%.
- Battery power & heat are increased with a 20-volt battery
- Camo makes it great for hunters.
- Battery disconnected if the rear pocket connector is not connected with front pocket
15. Smarkey Cordless Women’s Heated Jacket
Specially crafted for women, this jacket is a blend of comfort and style. With an outer shell made from 100% polyester, it is windproof, water-resistant and machine-safe.
Despite the feminine design, I admire the durability of the material.
This jacket comes with three heat areas: one located across the back and two located on either side of the waist. This is a major deviation from most heated jackets as the heating panels are located in the chest area.
Designed with three color-coded heat settings, the warming elements are impressive in heating up quickly.
Its battery runtime of six hours may feel like a bit of a letdown, but the tough outer shell makes it perfect for harsh weather and tough environments.
- Warms up in a matter of seconds.
- Durable material.
- The heating doesn’t last when put on the highest setting.
- Sizes are a little larger than expected.
16. Makita Cordless Heated Jacket
The Makita Cordless Heated Jacket is a heavy-duty jacket that comes with removable sleeves. You can easily unzip the sleeves and use it as a vest. Available in six sizes, it is wind- and water-resistant.
The outer shell is rugged: a blend of spandex and polyester. The smooth fleece-lined collar enhances comfort and its knitted storm cuffs and drawstring waist keep body heat trapped in.
The battery runtime is great too. With more than 14 hours of runtime, you can enjoy good warmth from sunup to sundown while working a long shift or hunting in snowy weather.
This sleek jacket includes an external LED controller (with three heat settings to adjust to altering weather conditions) and a USB port to charge your smartphone.
You keep your mobile devices and other items in the heated jacket’s four pockets.
- Removable zip-off sleeves
- Versatile design and durable
- Amazing battery life
- A whooping manufacturer’s warranty of three years
- Charger and battery are not included: you would have to buy them.
- Quite a bit more expensive than many heated jackets on the market.
For less chilly weather, Milwaukee Performance heated hoodies feel ideal.